The Point 2 Point Maps
The 2016 course is final, but it can always change just a little – follow trail marking on race day, not your GPS unit. The course will be marked with Orange Spray Chalk, Tie-on Orange Ribbon, Orange Pin Flags and very occasional arrows. Again, there more than likely will be a change or two to this map, so be aware (check this page on occasion, I’ll list changes). Also, we will review tweaks to the course at the racer meeting on Friday night of packet pick-up (6:30).
You can view the course on the imbedded map below provided by TrailForks.com or you can simply click the title in the map to go to the main page, or you can > CLICK HERE FOR 2016 MAP
You can download a GPX from from trailforks.com, simply sign in and the gpx button is in the lower right hand corner.
Current Deviations to this Map for 2016 (Updated 8/27/16)
1. After the John’s decent in Park City Mountain Resort, we work back over to the Jennie’s/Loose Moose intersection, the EPA has closed this upper section of Jennie’s, so at this point we will follow the Jennie’s detour. YES…it will be marked. Deviate from your GPS here if you are using one.
2. Nothing yet!
Total Miles: 75 Miles
90% Singletrack (Probably more, but we don’t want the other races to feel bad)
Around 10,000′ Elevation Gain
Average Finish Time: 8.5 – 9 hours (Fastest, sub 7 hours, slowest a little over 12 hours)
Very Brief Written Description of the P2P Course
Don’t try to ride the course using these as directions – you’ll get lost!
- Start at Quinn’s Jct. Recreation Complex (Round Valley)
- Quick lap in Round Valley and then back through Quinn’s Start/Finish area
- Under 224 and up onto Skid Row and around on Lost Prospector
- Into the Oaks area, up Snow Top and into Deer Crest and Deer Valley
- Down Village trail and back up Pipeline and Deer Crest, around on Mid-Mtn trail to Silver Lake at Deer Valley
- Leave Silver Lake on Mid-Mtn Trail and climb Big Bear
- Round Flagstaff Loop, descend upper Boulder and then onto Moose Bones over to TG
- Riders will stay on TG and then drop down to Mid-Mountain via Corvair
- From Mid-Mountain riders will drop on to Sam’s Trail, then to Empire Link Trail
- From Empire Link Trail racers will head to Park City Resort via Johns 99
- DH Johns and then promptly climb back up via Jenni’s Trail, Steps and Three-Candles
- Descend to Shadow Lake via Keystone trail and circle it clockwise, finish top decent on Powerline Trail.
- Climb up Thayne’s access road to the start of the Crescent Mine Grade (CMG) Trail descent – take it all the way to the base of Park City Mountain Resort (Refuel)
- Climb up and out of Park City Mountain Resort Via Armstrong Trail to the Mid-Mountain Trail
- Riders will stay on Mid-Mountain Trail and circle the East side of Iron Mountain, Up Iron Man and then down Gold Finger.
- Continue heading to Park City’s Canyons base area on Mid-Mountain and on to Rob’s Trail.
- Downhill Rob’s around on Rosebuds Trail and up to Holly’s for the finish
- One last descent into the forum at Park City’s Canyon Village via Holly’s for a wonderful FREE concert and post-race meal.